Monday, March 31

NIGHT 6: the ashes move heavenward

Angela’s house was in ruins. After the fire, all that remained were a few free-standing walls and a hodge-podge of charred furniture. The mayor decided the rest should be burned as well because ashes would be more cost effective to dispose of then demolition and carting the items to a junkyard.

The townspeople dragged their feet to the next town meeting, most of them were getting quite tired of the murders, convictions, and executions. And Jeff? Who knows, they hadn’t seen or heard from him in days. During the meeting, many of the citizens kept quiet, afraid to convict the wrong person again (Jim’s death by ketchup was still fresh in their memories). Once Shirley, the remaining detective, disclosed her information on Deena, the votes came flying in and Deena was convicted.

Deena tried to defend herself but her lies were flimsy and wearing thin on the nerves of the town. With every last shred of mercy gone, the town lit the fire on Angela’s house, bound Deena’s limbs and threw her onto the burning inferno. As they watched the ashes ride heavenward on the breeze, a new sense of freedom overwhelmed the town, and those remaining wept for joy.

Great job, Citizens! You have outsmarted the mafia and are safe! Here were the night roles:

Mafia: Kari, Sarah, Deena
Detectives: Jason, Mom
Doctor: Eric

My question is now, who would like to play again? Angela said that her husband Cortney, Emily, and possibly Matthew would play. I know Sadie said she wanted to as well. Which of you would be interested in another game? If we have at least 10 people we can play again. Let me know and I'll get one set up this week.

8 comments :

  1. Jay said...

    I'm in for another round... We've gotta play this face to face next time there's a big family gathering...

    I have a question for Deena:
    Why did you cast the deciding vote to kill Sarah??? It had its ups and downs... It made me think that you weren't mafia, but that vote isolated you as the last mafia... You could've stayed silent working on your 'microbiology homework', but you outed your teammate... That was gutsy!

  2. Anonymous said...

    Oh yeah, and new family members are always welcome to play. If you know of anyone who would like to, have them email me at hutchie_@hotmail.com, that way I will have their email addresses so I can send out everyone's role. Thanks!

  3. Hillary said...

    I would like to play again. I don't think Charlie will though. He found it a little tideous checking the blog all the time. But I loved it and really got into it, although it was a little frustrating not having any kind of clue as to who we should pick to lynch.

  4. Anonymous said...

    I would love to play again but I think Jake is just too busy. The only time he ever checked the blog is when I told him he needed to vote and it was usually right at the end of the "day"

  5. Anonymous said...

    I would love to play again. Emily is definitely in and Matthew said he would like to play. Cortney said that he didn't want to play because he is afraid he would be one of those players every cuss for not posting. So Ms. Mayor I will send you the new email. Also I may have a brother inlaw(cortney's side) that might want to play. Are we limiting it to the Hutchinson line only????

  6. Anonymous said...

    Deena, Would your mom and/or Josh want to play next time? Tell your mom I love her and want her to play and I promise to be nice.

  7. Jana said...

    I think it would be ok for your brother-in-law to play, but it does make it a little harder to read into what people say if you don't know them. We played this with Jason's family and his brother had a coworker play with us that nobody knew, and her and Jason got into it on here, and we thought she was a jerk to him, but it turns out she was joking and we couldn't tell. I don't mind if he plays, I just want it to be fun for everyone. You decide.

  8. Anonymous said...

    Like Angela said, I totally want to play next. I followed the game and I really wanted to comment, but alas... I couldn't. We need to start soon! :D