Thursday, April 17

NIGHT 5: calling in for backup

Eric or Shirley, Eric or Shirley? The town had a hard time deciding and, in the end, they never did quite decide. The town was torn in two, some believing Eric and some believing Shirley. In the end they squeaked out a majority by one vote, Shirley was to be executed at dusk.

It was the mayor's job to ultimately sign off on how someone's death was to be executed. She was faced with a horrible dilemma. How do you respectfully kill the person who gave you life, especially when you aren't fully convinced of her guilt.

Wakananababoo was quite remote which made it imperative to have several evacuation plans in place in case of valcano erruption, earthquake or tsunami. The island had one submarine, two bomb shelters, and a small fleet of hot air balloons. Even though the mayor knew her mother was terrified of heights, she decided she would give her mother a fighting chance. At dusk Shirley was placed in a hot air balloon and released into the sunset. Tears flowed.

About an hour after her mother disappeared into the pink and orange horizon, the mayor was at her mother's house going through her things when she received a call. "Shirley Hutchinson? This is Detective Marshall with the FBI. I understand you need our help. Unfortunately we will be unable to come to Wakananababoo as our geologists tell us your island is in imminent danger due to..." The mayor didn't hear the rest of his explanation, her mother was obviously a detective, and she had fainted on the spot.

It is is now NIGHT. Those with night roles need to email me by midnight tonight. My poor mother...

9 comments :

  1. Mom said...

    I know I'm not supposed to comment, but I just want to thank the Major for killing me nicely, without violence.

  2. Anonymous said...

    I'm resisting the urge to tell you all I told you so, but to clear up something...

    My "hero" whoever you are... my hero can't type... he's a ghost and therefore can't push the keys down... he does sing very well though.

  3. Jay said...

    craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

  4. Hillary said...

    Sucks to be wrong, doesn't it?

    Bwahhahahah!

  5. Jason said...

    Jason's Ghost says:

    Ridiculous.

  6. Anonymous said...

    You're welcome, Mother dear. I knew you would appreciate it.

  7. Anonymous said...

    I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SHIRLEY WASN'T LYING! Thanks everyone that believed shirley and wanted to kill eric. Everyone else is just too mean for not believing her.

  8. Anonymous said...

    I don't believe we are supposed to be commenting on the blog during the "night" you bad people!
    (Sorry Shirley, but coming in at the end you just sounded too much like Hillary the "day" we killed her)

  9. Anonymous said...

    If we aren't supposed to then why are you?