Saturday, May 3

NIGHT 3: The saboteurs hit a home run

Everyone dreaded going to work today. They knew they would probably find at least one member of the crew hurt or worse. They had no idea who it would be. Last night, the crew had made an agreement to go to work together, arriving at the same time. They thought it might keep more of them safe. This way they could watch each others' backs.

When they arrived, they were surprised to see two police cars parked at the front gate of the construction site. Before they could count heads to make sure everyone was there, they rushed into the office to see what was going on. Just outside of the office, deeply immersed in conversation, they found Foreman Hicks and Sheriff Bigman. Standing around them were three of Littleton's finest deputies.

"We will get to the bottom of this. It has become personal now," they overheard Sheriff Bigman say as he turned to go back to his squad car. He motioned to the deputies to follow.

"What's going on here?" Jeff asked Foreman Hicks.

"Well, it seems that two of the undercover cops who have been implanted within our crew were taken out last night," Hillary replied slowly. Everyone gasped simultaneously as Hillary continued, "The police department received a tip last night that someone was poking around the site breaking things. The sheriff dispatched the undercover cops because they knew the site and the crew well. He thought that it might have been the saboteurs setting up another trap and he wanted his undercover crew to catch them in the act. Around 1 am, the sheriff was called by one of the undercover cops and told that things had gone very badly and that back-up and an ambulance were needed right away. When the back-up arrived, they found Deena and Sadie unconscious next to the cement mixer. The third undercover cop explained that they had split up to cover more ground. After only a few minutes, the two women screamed. The other cop ran to find them. There they were, badly beaten and on the ground next to them were a couple of baseball bats. They hadn't even had time to get their guns out of their holsters. The ambulance took them to the hospital. I've heard from the doctors and they report that both Deena and Sadie will make full recoveries, but will have to recover for several days as their bodies are badly bruised. Deena has a broken arm and Sadie has a broken leg, but they will be O.K."

As Hillary finished the explanation, Matthew spoke up, "What are we going to do about this?!?! We have to fire someone. We can't be wishy-washy now. Two of the three undercover cops and one of our doctors are gone. We have very little help now. Let's pull together and get these saboteurs before they ruin everything!"

Deena and Sadie are detectives. Because they are hurt, they won't be able to comment for three days or play their night roles. They will return on May 12th. This day will end at midnight tomorrow, May 4th. There are 15 players remaining. You will need 8 votes to fire.

22 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Wow, I can't believe I am the first to comment. After all, I am in the latest time zone! I am headed to Six Flags for the whole day but I will check back in tonight. Right now I have no clue who to vote for so I am just going to toss out a name...

    VOTE: JEFF

    Haven't heard much from him so I we might as well get rid of him!

  2. Anonymous said...

    Congrats to the saboteurs! You are doing well this game. We might as well get rid of the non-bloggers but I am very suspicious of Heather who wanted the game to end early, perhaps giving the saboteurs a win. Also thinking about the remaining players. Rodren was very close to the two injured detectives(sadie and deena) and the doctor(jay) who was injured first. Any ideas from anyone else?
    Helping my sister in-law move today but will try and read and post when I have time.

  3. Hillary said...

    Wow, I can't believe no one has been on since this morning. Is this suppose to be a sign to me that no one wants to play anymore?

  4. Anonymous said...

    i am on crutches right now so so sad. my leg is in pain. i am so sad that my role is known to everyone. you guys need to get the mafia people! good luck!

  5. Caitlyn said...

    I've checked it a few times, I just don't know who to vote for. I guess for now, since we weren't able to fire anyone last time, it's best to go with any name that there is and hope we get enough people.

    VOTE: Jeff

  6. Anonymous said...

    I was either going to go with josh or jeff but we need stick with one.
    VOTE: Jeff

  7. Anonymous said...

    If I might just say...your making a horrible error!!

    Sure, Im a convenient target, but may I supply you with several reasons why you should not incapacitate me.

    1. I dont post much, would a sabeatuer fail to particpate in the game? I think not! A true villian would use persuasion to mislead gullible citizens and thereby conceal his/her true identity. So Sneeky!! Just like a TRUE sabeateaur!!
    2. My wife just got knocked out, do you think I want to sleep on the couch or something? I mean, cmon.
    3. I've used my valuable skills of deduction to identify the true sabeateaur! And its not me!!!

    So! If you want to be real sorry, go ahead an vote for me, do it, I dare you! But you will be dissapointed to find an injured, bemoaning TOWNIE Jeff wagging his proverbial finger saying, I told you so!

  8. Anonymous said...

    I think everyone was on track yesterday, but now, they have all become tragically misled.

    Vote: Rodren!

    Dont be fooled into voting for me or you will be forever ashamed!

  9. Anonymous said...

    I'm going to side with Jeff on this one. I'm voting for Rodren. Why? They just don't seem to be very together and Angela said they were/are very close to the injured participants.

  10. Anonymous said...

    I am on my way home from California today but I will definitely check back tonight!

  11. Heather said...

    Emily, don't forget to change your vote officially. I got burned for that last time. I'd forgotten I had previously voted.

    I don't want the game to end early. I just want it to be more fun/fairer. All the non-bloggers are really dragging it down.

    I'll go along and vote for Rodren. They haven't had much imput and if they are close to the injured they might be in cohoots.

    Vote: Rodren

  12. Anonymous said...

    Emily, Heather, good choice :)

  13. Anonymous said...

    I forgot.. :)

    VOTE: RODREN

    Come on people, tell other people you see to get on a blog! Where is all of Jason's family? Where is everyone else?

  14. Anonymous said...

    Vote: Jeff

  15. Hillary said...

    Well, can't say that I'm very encouraged about the response we've had today. But here is the count so far. Remember you need only 8 votes to fire.

    Jeff: Sarah, Caitlyn, Gemarie, Merxis

    Rodren: Jeff, Heather, Emily

    We'll see if a firing happens today or not.

  16. Anonymous said...

    I guess I will leave my vite for Jeff right now but if more people get on and vote for Rodren then I am definitely willing to switch. Also, I will contact my mom, Angela, and Matthew, and make sure they get on and vote. Where is Jason's family, and the Jeppson family???

  17. Anonymous said...

    Vote: Rodren
    Sorry not much posting today.. Just got back from a weekend at the in-laws and not much time to use computer there.

    I think my bro is at a viewing for his girlfriend's grandma so I don't think that he will be posting/voting. Looks like it may be another not of no firing. Poor Jason he is the only one that we have managed to agree on firing and he was a townie.

  18. Will said...

    VOTE: Jeff

  19. Caitlyn said...

    Enough people are voting that we could fire someone if people would just agree!

  20. Anonymous said...

    Sorry! I have been so busy trying to get everything done at the office before my surgery that I keep forgetting. Thanks to my daughters who keep reminding me. I guess since two of them voted for Rodren so will I. Sorry Karen and Rodney but I don't know who else to vote for.

    Vote-Rodren

  21. Anonymous said...

    Well I guess since my mom and sisters all voted for Rodren I will join them to try and get a majority

    Unvote:Jeff
    VOTE: RODREN

    Hopefully my bro, or anyone else, will get on here and add the final vote before Mrs. ForeWoman checks in the morning. If not then I will again be very disappointed with the non-commenters. Not that they care, since they obviously never check the blog!

  22. Hillary said...

    The final count is

    Jeff: Will, Caitlyn, Gemarie, Merxis

    Rodren: Jeff, Heather, Emily, Angela, Terrie, Sarah

    Since it wasn't even close, no one gets fired again.